About Us

The History of the Polish-American Association of San Diego

The Polish American Association of San Diego was incorporated on February 23,1944 in the State of California under Title XII of the “Non-Profit Corporation Law”.

From the beginning it became a main sponsor of the Polish Cottage in Balboa Park, responsible for its Sunday's “Open House”.

Until 1950, the Polish American Association of San Diego held its meetings at Laudis Community Hall.

From the beginning of the fifties, after Polish American Association of San Diego purchased small club-house at 1934 30th Street, the PAASD hosted on regular schedule in its new location:

In 1987 PAASD was recognized by IRS as 501(c)4 organization. The PAASD amended its Articles of Incorporation in 1993 and was certified by the State of California as Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.

From 1996 the PAASD continued its social and public activities:

In 2012 PAASD revised its program and gradually is implementing changes reflecting current membership situation and social needs. Each monthly meeting is combined with the speaker presentation on civic issues and historical events. It will also continue charity programs directed towards: scholarship, food drives and donations to qualified charities, help for seniors ,food preparation up to current health and nutrition standards.